Wednesday 4 July 2012

Inspiration

I was looking through my photos this afternoon as I am about to do a big print run for my book. It occured to me how much I look to nature to get inspiration for the looks I do. From shells, to moths to the "heavens" I find the colour combinations and textures that nature creates to be both breath taking and extremely helpful when it comes to designing makeup.

Heres my most recent beauty story as an example and the scenes that inspired each shot!




                     


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. So refreshing to see work inspired by nature and our surroundings rather than just what celebrities are wearing ;-)

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a firm believer in the fact that makeup artists should always be looking forward and creating trends rather than following them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy,
    I was just wondering when you say 'print run for your book' is this images for your portfolio? And if so, how exactly do you do this? Where do you print the photos? And should they be matte or glossy finish?
    Thanks!
    Ps-Love your blog as fledgling MUA, am finding your posts very helpful and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JC!

    You have inspired me (haha!) to do a post on portfolio's but just briefly yes I meant for my portfolio. I use a company called The Print Space when I am feeling flush because they arent cheap or a local, independent printing lab in Liverpool. I personally prefer matte prints because makeup looks beautiful printed this way and once the glossy wallet in your portfolio book covers the print, too much gloss creates glare. I will do a detailed post with pictures of my book later! Hope that helps for now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy,
      It's very helpful-Thank you! And I really look forward to the portfolio post!!

      Delete